DON'T - Rub the stain
DON'T - Pull at loose tufts of carpet
DON'T - Over wet the carpet if attempting to remove stains
DON'T - Use bleach on carpets unless they’re 100% polypropylene
As soon as you notice the wax stain, it’s important to take action. The longer it sits on the carpet, the harder the stain will be to remove.
- Fill a plastic bag with ice. Lay this directly onto the stain and let it freeze the wax for a few minutes.
- Remove the plastic bag and start to scrape the wax off the carpet using a blunt knife.
- Lay a clean cloth or a brown paper bag directly over the affected area of the carpet.
- Using a warm iron, slowly press the iron on top of the paper bag or cloth. The material should start to absorb the wax and lift it off the carpet.
- Repeat this until the wax disappears.